Tower Hamlets Council has launched a campaign to warn residents about the dangers of pest control products after two fatal and life-changing incidents have taken place in the borough.
Of these incidents, one resulted in the death of an 11-year-old girl, and another left a woman with ongoing serious health issues and no savings after trying to clean up her home.
The council has reported that these incidents were caused by the use of professional pest control products by untrained residents, the gas from these products can be poisonous and can also lead to explosions and fires. The campaign, Kill Pests Not People, aims to make sure residents avoid buying pest control products from online marketplaces with multiple sellers, where they can’t be sure if the product is suitable for amateur use, and only purchase from reputable UK sellers.
For more guidance on how to safely buy pest control products and how to remove hazardous chemicals, contact the council here.