Complaints, Suggestions and Feedback
PRHA aims to provide high quality services to its residents. We rely on both positive and negative feedback from you to achieve this. Our Complaints Policy (available HERE) is intended to provide you with a way to:
- Report situations where you are dissatisfied with our services, staff our procedures so that they can be resolved (complaints)
- Inform us of ways in which we can improve our services and procedures (suggestions)
- Provide positive feedback that we can use to further inform the development of our services and procedures (feedback)
Things to consider before making a complaint
- If you are reporting Anti-Social Behaviour please refer to our page on Reporting Anti-Social Behaviour which explains how staff will work to support you with the issues you are reporting.
- If you are reporting a repair for the first time, please refer to our page on Reporting Repairs.
- Complaints about PRHA services should be made within six months of the issue occurring. However in exceptional circumstances our Policy will allow for complaints received outside of this period to be responded to.
Making a complaint
If you are not happy with any aspect of our services please let us know. We want to make it as easy for you as possible to raise a complaint. All residents, tenants and service users have the choice of whether to make a complaint formal or informal, and to make their complaint using the method that best suits their circumstances.
This means that we do not require complaints to be sent to us by using a complaints form (unless that is your chosen method) and that complaints can be made verbally as well as in writing.
Verbal complaints can be made by speaking with a member of staff directly or by telephone, or by calling our Head Office on 020 7920 7300.
Written complaints can be sent to us via email, letter or complaints form sent to our registered postal address, via our Feedback@prha.net email address, or handed directly to a staff member.
You can download a copy of our Complaints Policy here
To download a copy of the PRHA Complaints form click Here
Support when making a complaint
If you would like support to make your complaint your housing officer, keyworker or project manager will be able to help you.
Learning from Complaints
The lessons we learn from complaints are key in improving our services and demonstrating that we are listening to our residents and tenants.
In support of this, and in accordance with the Housing Ombudsman Service Complaints Handling Code, we review the complaints and feedback that we receive and publish the learning as part of our Complaints Review Reports. Each report provides information for our stakeholders including:
- A breakdown of formal complaints received in the period, by department
- A breakdown of formal complaints received in the period, by main type
- The number of complaints that were escalated to Stage 2 of our process
- The number of complaints that were closed within the timescales governed by our Complaints Policy and the Housing Ombudsman’s Code
- How complaints received in the period have changed the services we provide (learning from complaints)
You can read a copy of PRHA’s latest Complaints Review Report here
PRHA’s Self-Assessment (Housing Ombudsman Complaints Handling Code)
The Housing Ombudsman requires all Housing Associations to annually assess their complaints handling policy and procedures against the Ombudsman’s Complaints Handling Code using their self-assessment template. In April 2022 the Ombudsman issued a revised Code and we have reviewed our Policy and processes to ensure that they meet with the revised Code.
Our 2022 self-assessment contains information to stakeholders on how we are meeting the requirements of the Housing Ombudsman’s Code and is available Here
For more information about the new Complaints Handling Code you can visit the Housing Ombudsman Service website: https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/